Monday, November 17, 2003

     It's raining right now.
     I've had an offer to go watch British movies tonight at a coworkers apartment. The idea interests me, and I'll have to see how I'm feeling tonight.
     The rain is coming down fast and hard, and it makes a background roar that says "You Will Soon Be Wet."
     I need a new meme. Being a cowboy has been a lot fun, but it will stick if I am not careful. Maybe a tortured writer. Maybe just a prolific and thoroughly happy one.
     The intensity of the rain oscilates between bone-soaking and soul-drenching and the city cries for cleansing.
     I've embraced my heritage before. I've been southern at various points in my life. The accent slips in a little too easily when I don't keep it down. I've also embraced my upbringing as the child of educated parents. There are certain shames in being "from" anywhere that were instilled in me by these parents for reasons I've never fathomed. These reasons are inscrutable but undeniable and enforced by the best police there are: siblings and self. If my brothers are the "from nowhere" mob, then I'm right there with them.
     The rain is not falling but being pulled in suicide dives to the earth, where each drop is dashed to pieces on the flat, paved rocks of reality.
     Happiness calls. My phone's on vibrate.

No comments: