Monday, December 01, 2003

It was a calm and rewarding holiday weekend here.
About 8 people were in my house, in total, for Thanksgiving, including three of my coworkers (and one of their sweeties), Toshi and a pair of pleasant and lovely Invisible Citizens. Jon made Jon-Bread, which was soft and fresh and had pine-nuts, which are three really admirable qualities in a bread. There were sodas, and potatoes and wine all around. The whole of my Wednesday Night D&D group were there (all 5 people, although there's this sixth who hasn't played in a while, but isn't quite out. He wasn't there, but he's been busy.)
On Saturday, Sherbert and Pandathan brought over their projector set-up, and we watched The Two Towers Extended Movie Thing on the relatively large screen that is the wall of my living room. I made a lasagne dish that will be better the next time I make it. I'm still learning. I mean, it's not like it's hard to cook lasagna, it's just hard to spell lasagnia the same way twice. Also, I'm making it with several substitutions in the interests of making it taste different. I put in a thick cream bechemel with cheese instead of ricotta, and I like the idea of using crushed (or whole, what the Hell) fire roasted tomatoes instead of a tomato sauce. OK, so it's not really Lasegne, it's just a dish that resembles it closely enough to fool the casual observer. Same thing, yes?
Oh, and The New Heroclix Expansion is out. (Bliss)
That's been my weekend. How 'bout yours? Oh wait, there's no commenting system on here. Ha ha!

No comments: