Wednesday, July 16, 2003

I need a new word. Sexy isn't covering what I want it to cover lately. What I'm trying to describe begins with the look of an inch-thick multi-gigahertz processor laptop, but it continues on to mean more than that.
Two examples:
a) I've recently spoken to a local woman who lived in Germany at the time of World War II. Her grandfather was an engineer who worked with Messerschmidt. Hearing her say the word Messerschimdt did things to my spine. She didn't say it sexy; she was not, in herself, particularly sexually attractive to me; she mostly just said it right, which is beautiful.
b) There was a girl at an open-mic performance last night. She had what I can only call a cherubic voice, but rich and clear. It was a voice like a bell and it was very, very pleasant. She played guitar cleanly and with an easy skill and grace. It was, again, not sexual, but it was what you sometimes gotta call sexy.
So, where does that leave me? Needing a new word. I'll play with it and think about it. If you get any ideas, I'm open.

No comments: