Saturday, October 23, 2004

OK! Whoo! Yeah!
Opening night happened... um.
*nothing here will ruin the show for you*
Here's what I got: technically, it was about an 80-out-of-100. Tomorrow will be a good, solid 95. For anybody unfamiliar with theater, a 95's as good as 100 for an audience watching for the first time. There was one glaring level problem which I fixed by simply being really damn good at my job; there was one weird feedback problem, which I fixed while doing voice acting work; there was one tiny niggling sound-quality problem which I can guarantee you nobody in the audience noticed (because it had no effect on them, other than to make the feedback thing a little worse, which they wouldn't have noticed particularly since one second of feedback is still one second of feedback, even it it's got a funny little echo on it).
It's really a good production. It's funny how you can miss that kind of little detail when you're, you know, so close to it. We had a genuinely good time putting it on.
I found out today, though, that tryouts for the next show are next Saturday before the performance. It's the Christmas show. It sounds like it'll be at least fun to do. I need to write up my commercial idea...

No comments: