Wednesday, January 21, 2004

Toshi and I have been on a Will Smith/DJ Jazzy Jeff+Fresh Prince kick of late. I ordered Smith's first "solo" album, Big Willie Style (we all remember that one, right?) and a book from Amazon. Yeah, I know, I work at a bookstore and I ordered a book from Amazon. There's a reason. The book isn't available. The publisher doesn't have it, no bookstores have it, we had several and they all disappeared. I didn't buy it fast enough. Oddly, Amazon claims to have it and be able to ship it out in 24 hours. So, they're sitting on a big inventory of this book and nobody else has it. I could rant and bitch, but we did that with Egger's first novel. We had 1000 and they had none, so I guess it's fair.
Anyway, the book that the pub's out of stock on will be ready in 24 hours. The Smith album: 2-4 day wait.

No comments: