Wednesday, August 04, 2004

OK, so here's the skinny: My eldest brother, whom I refer to as AngelBob, was hit by a car yesterday in the fast-lane of a highway (880? sure, why not). He was on a mototcycle, and is no longer on said motorcycle. He has been operated upon and is stable-if-drugged at last update. I haven't heard directly from him, but I've talked to Mom who has talked to people who have talked to him, and she's talked to his doctor who has become familiar with the situation, as doctors do.
The damage: So, from what I hear, his right arm is broken at the wrist & one additional place, he's got some stitches on the back of his left hand, and he's done a bad thing to his right ankle, which in turn has become dislocated and distant. After coersion from the doctor, whom we all have only gratitude toward, his arm and leg are ready to kiss & make up and resolve their differences. They've agreed upon separate housing (the trendiest casts available!) for a period of not less than four weeks, and personal attention in the form of physical therapy.
Hmm... I'm making light of this. It's overwhelming and I don't know how to deal. He's OK, and he's not going to die. That's the important part. Bruised, scraped & a little broken, but alive. I hope he gets better fast.

No comments: