Friday, April 09, 2004

I have this mindset that is necessary: I Am Not Safe When I Drive. I got all complacent in my last car and started to believe, completely erroneously, that I was safe in it. Goodness no. As long as I just assume that every other driver is actively trying to snuff me, I drive much safer.
What's that, Mr. Guy In A Big Truck? You want to cut me off and flip me the bird? Fine with me, as long as I live through it. What's that, Lady In A Mustang? You want to weave dangerously close to me in your lane on the highway while driving seventy miles an hour, turned backwards, fiddling with a baby seat? Great! Here, why don't I just slow down and let you do that as much and as often as you please. Far away from me.
See? It works. Plus, I swear less while I drive!
The only trouble with this plan: I've had sore muscles constantly since I started it, and I don't sleep as well. Price you pay to be alive, I guess.

No comments: