Monday, April 19, 2004

My LJ is proving to be a lot of fun.

This weekend, I did a bunch of stuff. I spent all or most of it with absolutely no idea what time it is. I'm to the point of kicking coffee and cigarettes (all tobacco, really. I haven't been smoking my pipe either. I'm laying off it all for a while) that I'm into the time distortion part. Combined with the time change a while ago and the lengthening days, I've been really clueless as to the time for the last four or five days. I dug my watch back up, which helped considerably.
Saturday, two of my friends came to the house and played Boule, a game like Bocce, but very French. It involves steel balls instead of wood, and 3 per team instead of 4. Very French. Really, those two games are just Italian and French versions of the game Horseshoes, which is like the Canadian game Curling, and all of them are like the semi-outlawed game of lawn darts. There exists a whole family of games in which a number of objects are thrown or rolled in an attempt to be the nearest to a smaller target some distance away. We played one. Adam is really very good at throwing a steel ball with surprising accuracy. This is a fact it is nice to know about a person before it matters.
Then, we invented a game like Ultimate frisbee, in which there are no teams. We met up with the Invisible Citizens Jon & Sharon for lunch, and then went back to the park and refined the rules some. Then, we returned home and played Doomtown, and a game called "Hex, Hex." It was a good day, all in all, with much interaction.
On Sunday, I slept in. Toshi & I went to see Scooby Doo 2, which is silly and fun, and had Amy's Ice Cream. We spent half-an-hour in a Borders Books&Music Store which smelled like flea powder. I stuck an Amy's sticker to the back of my geep. The sticker was given me by a girl named Jesse who works at Amy's. She works at the Amy's where my brother Flash used to work, and she also has a brother whose name is the same as his. Her brother, though, never worked there.
Then, I read Cerebus for a while, until its bible interpretation made my head hurt, so I went to sleep.
Tha end.

No comments: